Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Coconut Rice and Tilapia stir fry.

In my desperate attempt to eat healthy, I have been eating a lot of fruits and fresh vegetable salad and rewarding myself with lovely dinners. Even with the rewards, the portions are not even enough to fill my baby Nathan who is only 18 months. Sigh this body of mine will eventually make its way to my youthful body one of these days. Anyways the goal is to lose 10 pounds before the end of March since I gained 8 pounds in 2 weeks from eating any and everything while I was in Nigeria. I can’t even be mad because in my opinion it was 8 pounds well gained. From all the suya consumption to my grandma’s cooking to the random street food, I’d gain the 8 pounds again. Anyways in 2 weeks I have been back, I have lost 2 pounds so I can say it works without me starving myself and going without food the whole day.
Saturday Breakfast at about 1pm: Fresh diced mango and vanilla yogurt.
Skipped lunch because I was out of the house till about 5:30 pm
Dinner had to be lovely hence the posted meal.
Ingredients
·         6 pieces of small Sweet peppers (Red and orange)
·         ½ lbs. of Tilapia
·         2 cups of white long grain rice
·         2 tbsp. of teriyaki sauce
·         Small onion chopped
·         I tsp. black pepper
·         Pinch of salt
Instructions
·         Parboil rice for about 15 minutes then wash. Pour in half of the coconut milk or enough to cook the rice depending on the portion of the rice. Add salt to taste.
·         Cut up the small peppers along the longest side so it comes out in thin slices, chop the onions and boil for 5 minutes.
·         Season the fish with the salt and black pepper and let it boil for about 5 minutes. Enough to make it easy to cut into small pieces.
·         After drain out the water from both the fish and the pepper, add a tsp. of olive oil in a saucepan, add the pepper and the fish and let it start to break up the fish in the pan, don’t break it up too much where it’s not visible, you want some small pieces but also some chunks.
·         Let it cook for about 5-7 minutes then add the teriyaki sauce. Use your discretion, you don’t want the sauce to be too watery but not dry as well. Add salt and black pepper and let it cook for another 2 minutes before serving.




1 comment:

  1. I am happy you started blogging again, I was wondering if you were ever going to post any more recipes. I got accustomed to checking your blog. Glad to see you are back. I will definitely be trying out the recipe. It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete