Sunday, November 18, 2012

Nigerian Goat meat Peppersoup

                                                “There is no love sincerer than the love of food.” 
                                                               ― George Bernard Shaw

First of all, Kudos to me to finally getting my pepper soup recipe right. I have tried everything from using meat stock as a base and just dumping the pepper soup spice in and some seasoning or just throwing everything tasteful in the pot and hoping it turns out right. Different people have different ways of making it but I wanted something with the most basic ingredients in my kitchen and finally I got it. 


Ingredients
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cube of maggi
1 table spoon dried/ground pepper.
1/2 onion chopped 
1 tbsp pepper soup spice
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp curry
1 tbsp garlic powder
An assortment of goat meat (smoked meat, honey tripe, pomo, cow leg)

FYI, I have used this menu for chicken as well :)

Instructions

  •  Rinse your choice of meat and clean it thoroughly. 
  • Place in a pot and season with curry, salt, maggi, onions, garlic powder, vegetable oil and ground pepper and let it cook until tender. Different types of meat cook differently so you may need to remove the goat meat to let the tripe and cow leg cook longer.
  • After everything is cooked thoroughly, add pepper soup spice and some more ground pepper if you like spicy food. Taste for spice and salt and add more as needed. Also you can add curry for color.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delish! I haven't had pepper soup in a while so I just might attempt this recipe...

    ReplyDelete