Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving Fete

"The thing I'm most thankful for right now is elastic waistbands"

I am super excited about having my first thankgiving gathering this year at my place. I'm not sure if it was laziness or lack of funds that prevented me in previous years but for whatever reason, I am ready for the challenge this year.
The menu is super exciting because I am cooking some dishes I am familiar with but also trying new recipes from my cookbook. We have Fried rice, Jollof rice, BBQ ribs, deviled eggs, roasted veggies, chicken casserole, pepper soup (posted recipes for these earlier) turkey gizzard mini kebabs, mini chicken drumsticks in 4 different flavors (bbq, buffalo, peppered and sweet chipotle). Also my friend Kemi will be making turkey, mashed potatoes, corn bread and caramel cake. My sister, the dessert person in the family will be making Pina Colada Cheesecake. That will definitely be something to try.

I'll make sure I post pictures and recipes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment